Terms & Conditions
In the following terms & conditions "the photographer" shall mean Paul Filep trading as Expert Image Photography Limited. "The client(s)" shall be those persons defined as bride and groom in the wedding booking. It is agreed that the following terms set out the total agreement made between the parties and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
Booking Fee / Deposit Payments
- A non-refundable booking fee of £250.00 as well as full acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on the photographer's website secures the time and services of the Photographer for the wedding and is non-refundable or transferable in the event of cancellation, it being the agreed loss suffered by the photographer due to cancellation.
- The booking fee will be deducted from the cost of the client's chosen package when calculating the final balance due.
- Payment in full of the remaining balance will be due two weeks before the wedding day.
- Weddings that are postponed to a later date will retain the fee as long as the photographer can re-schedule for the new date and time.
- The details of the wedding arrangements are to be agreed beforehand in writing (email is acceptable).
- The Client shall notify the Photographer of any changes to these details in writing.
- The Photographer/s cannot be held liable for delays or disruption in their delivery of the service until any changes are received, and acknowledged in writing.
- The Client may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to The Photographer/s but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid.
- Cancellation less than 12 weeks before the wedding will result in the payment in full becoming due.
- All cancellations must be in writing.
- The client(s) hereby allow(s) the photographer to display any photograph covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, social media, sample albums etc.
- All image sizes are nominal.
- The Photographer/s will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially man-made fibres. It is sometimes impossible to record on film or digitally the exact colour as seen by the human eye. For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer's movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge.
- The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer's choice and the photographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
- All images will be adjusted for exposure, brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc
- The Photographer's judgement regarding these corrections and the number of images put forward to the Client for preview shall be deemed correct.
- Retouching, digital manipulation and artist finishing is available to the Client as an option at extra cost.
- The copyright Designs and Patents Acts assign the copyright of the images to the photographer. Any images or copies of images whether stored digitally or otherwise and any computer program including any source or object code, computer files or printed documentation relating to such images are protected by the Copyright and Design Act 1988. It is contrary to the Act to copy or allow to be copied photographically/electronically or by any other means an image created as part of this contract without the permission of The Photographer/s in writing.
- The Photographer/s shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photographed and the locations used.
- The Photographers judgement regarding the locations/poses and number of images taken shall be deemed correct.
- Due to the vagaries of the weather and the willingness of subjects it may not be possible to capture all the images requested.
Force Majeure or Act of God
- The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control.
- Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
- In the unlikely event of the assigned Photographer being unable to attend your wedding due to unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to appoint another photographer to attend your wedding on our behalf to undertake the wedding photography to his/her best ability.
Limitation of Liability
- In the unlikely event of a total photographic failure or cancellation of this contract by either party or in any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract.
- Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
- Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at said persons own risk.
- The photographer cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot.
This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.